Educators Industry Students Veterans
May is Military Month at MSSC!
The Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) is proud to support our troops. This month only, we’re waiving our Assessment Center registration fee for any new site that registers as “military-friendly” – a $500 savings!
MSSC’s Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) and Certified Production Technician (CPT) credentials are available to most military personnel through Credentialing Opportunities Online (COOL) or other federally funded training programs. They are also eligible for G.I. Bill reimbursement. But many service members don’t have access to an assessment center.
Your school can help military personnel earn these industry-recognized credentials and secure civilian employment, develop a stronger relationship with military installations in your area, and earn $15 per assessment delivered.
WHAT IS MILITARY FRIENDLY?
Active Duty, Reserve and Guard members are eligible to receive MSSC training on base, but not all bases have testing centers. These individuals need a location nearby that will allow them to take MSSC assessments even if they aren’t enrolled as a student.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
When a service member purchases an assessment from MSSC, they’re given an option to select an assessment center based on their location. Your military testing point of contact will receive an email request which they can approve or deny according to your schedule. Once scheduled, the school receives the test information.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
There is no cost to the assessment center except for the time of the proctor to administer the assessment (90-120 minutes). MSSC pays $15 for each assessment delivered through the program.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Any site that delivers online assessments that can allow military personnel who aren’t enrolled as students to test on site. For example, community and technical colleges, workforce one-stops, technical training centers, etc. You do not have to offer other MSSC programs to participate in the military-friendly assessment program.
HOW CAN YOU REGISTER?
- Go to https://systems.msscusa.org.
- Register as a new MSSC-authorized Assessment Center, and select the “military-friendly” option.
- IMPORTANT: Choose the “P.O” option for payment and put “Military-Friendly Registration” in the notes box and the $500 fee will be waived.
- Complete the above by May 31, 2016.
- You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to complete proctor training via webinar [insert dates from Anne].
- Complete proctor training by June 30, 2016.
- Then you will be added to our list of “military-friendly” centers.
Still have questions?
Contact us via email or at 703-739-9000